Work with me
If you want to lose weight but struggle with traditional dieting, you can work with me one-to-one and I’ll tailor a weight loss programme just for you and guide you through it every step of the way.
How my individual weight loss programme works
I use my expertise as a Consultant Clinical Psychologist with 30 years of experience helping people change unhelpful habits to work with a small number of individual clients.
Step 1. Diagnostic Assessment
This programme starts with the Diagnostic Assessment involving a one and a half face-to-face meeting. It is a thorough assessment of what’s keeping you at the weight you are, and what has stopped you losing weight permanently in the past. If you know enough about food to know what’s good for you, then what’s holding you back may be an emotional block, or subconscious self-sabotage.
I’ll take you through a comprehensive assessment of your current eating patterns, past experiences of trying to lose weight, and what factors in your life currently contribute to your current weight.
You’ll receive a written summary of what specific steps will enable you to lose weight and what emotional blocks or what types of self-sabotage are holding you back. We’ll identify the first step in changing your eating habits and how to begin making that change. The Diagnostic Assessment is required before starting one-to-one mentoring.
Step 2. Individual mentoring
We’ll have a face-to-face meeting once a month to work directly on the particular changes you want to make to how you eat, and I’ll help you to achieve these changes by giving you specific guidance on what to do so that your weight falls and you can keep at your new weight easily.
We will anticipate and deal with any emotional blocks or self-sabotage using proven established and cutting-edge techniques.
You’ll have my attention throughout the time we are working together, with email support between the face-to-face meetings.
I limit the number of people I work with at a time so that I can provide that level of individualised input.
What to expect
- Personalised attention. We base everything around your lifestyle instead of you having to alter your lifestyle to fit in with a diet
- Increased self-awareness and understanding. I give you specific, achievable and proven ways to help you change your unhelpful eating habits one at a time, so that you learn to eat in tune with your body. We anticipate and address any emotional blocks or self-sabotage which may have hampered your attempts to lose weight in the past, and we tackle those head-on so that they don’t hold you back in the future
- No feeling of deprivation. You continue to eat all your favourite foods so that you don’t feel deprived, and so that it is easy to stick to your new eating habits.
- Full support. We meet monthly for an hour and have regular email contact between those meetings. You’re welcome to email me with questions and comments whenever you like
How long will it take to get to my ideal weight?
This depends on how many unhelpful habits you want to change and whether you need to deal with mental blocks which may have held you back in the past. Most people who work with me individually spend between six months and two years working on changing their eating habits for good.
Is individual work right for me?
- Yes if you know that one-size-fits-all diets don’t work for you
- Yes if you’ve made a decision to stop yo-yo dieting and want to make real sustainable change instead
- Yes if you want to put aside time to focus on how and what you eat for the benefit of your health and wellbeing
- Yes if you’re ready to make the commitment and investment needed
To read some real life stories of people I’ve worked with, see the “Results” page
How much does it cost?
The Diagnostic Assessment and written report costs £200. Individual mentoring costs £150/month.
How do I arrange an appointment?
We can meet face-to-face in Bristol or Cardiff, or via Zoom.
For session availability please email email@example.com
I also have a monthly clinic in Harley Street in London. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details of Harley Street availability and fees.